Thursday 19 June 2014

Rosa,s Wensleydale shawl.


After a long absence I'm back.  Since I last posted on the blog, I've had some of the beautiful Wensleydale fleeces spun and this is one of my first creations.  I've also used some single ply yarn from the Lleyn ewes which I hand dyed to add some colour to the shawl. 



It is, as we speak, blocking but soon I'll post the results for you to see. 

I didn't use a pattern I just went with the flow and here are some pictures of what inspired me.  



A rare breed, the Wensleydale is full of character they reward you with one of the most luxurious yarns.    Gorgeous to handle and a always a rewarding result.  


I would love to hear what you've been up to and what inspires you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.